Venue

Auditorium Maximum
address: ul. Krupnicza 33, Krakow

Auditorium Maximum of the Jagiellonian University, opened in 2005, is a congress venue and a lecture hall, situated close to the old city. A monumental building, which referres to the ancient form of an amphitheatre was designed by the Krakow architects Stanisław Deńko and Robert Kuzianik.

In 2007 Auditorium Maximum was awarded two prizes: the first prize by the Ministry of Infrastructure in the national competition for outstanding achievements of Polish construction engineering and the first prize in the competition for a public building in Krakow best adapted to the needs of handicapped people.

The construction of the Auditorium Maximum was co-financed by the EU funds. Among other sponsors there were famous Polish artists such as Magdalena Abakanowicz, Jerzy Duda-Gracz, Jerzy Nowosielski, Stanisław Rodziński, and Jan Tarasin who donated their works of art for an auction.

Auditorium Maximum features the main conference hall of 1200 seats, which – if necessary – can be divided into two smaller parts of 600 seats each; one lecture room of 250 seats; two rooms of 150 seats; one 
of 100 seats; as well as all the necessary facilities.

Source: www.uj.edu.pl